Market Leading Board of Director Services
How can we help you?
Why use Propero?
Chosen by Leading
We have been privileged to work with:
- Numerous companies headquartered and/or with extensive international markets (Australia, USA, UK, and China)
- Over 35% of NZ-based or ASX Foreign Exempt companies (ASX)
- NASDAQ technology company
- Harvard University Business School has also written a case study taught in the MBA and Executive programmes on our board evaluation programme
Working with many of New Zealand’s largest companies gives us an edge and helps us deliver market-leading governance services.
We have worked with:
- 65% of the Deloitte Top 20 (by profits), and 50% of the Top 50 (by revenue)
- Over 60% of the NZX top 20 (by capitalisation), and over 20% of all listed companies
- Over 15% of full members of Cooperative Business New Zealand
- Over 30 SOEs and Crown-related organisations
- 10 Māori-owned and iwi-related entities
Our services are recognised as market leading, helping our client optimise their performance and prepare themselves for the rapidly evolving future.
Gender balance on a board is important, this is why 50% of our appointments continue to be industry-leading women.
Clients tell us we provide the most innovative, insightful, and impactful board evaluation programme available.
We work with boards who want more than a tick the box exercise – getting to the heart of board performance and capturing powerful insights that drive meaningful action.
Harvard University has written a case study, taught in their MBA and Executive programmes, on our unique approach to board evaluations.
Director Search & Selection
We have helped many of New Zealand’s best-known businesses find outstanding directors.
Our clients tell us they value our ability to surprise them with high quality candidates beyond their known networks, and our depth of insight on how candidates will show up in the boardroom and align to organisational culture.
Harvard University has written a case study, taught in their MBA and Executive programmes, on our unique approach to board search.
We help boards with a range of advice to assist them in making well-grounded choices in the following areas:
Director Fee Review
We provide clients with quality independent analysis and advice on setting director fees.
Board Skills & Succession
We help boards assess the current and future capabilities needed around the board table and build an orderly succession plan.
We work alongside boards to draw out perspectives on the critical experiences and leadership attributes required, work through areas of disagreement and clearly articulate requirements.
We provide boards with an independent perspective and recommendations on their governance structures.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our diversity and inclusion diagnostic gives a snapshot of the current state and key opportunities to move forward. Clients can then engage us to help them build practical solutions including unconscious bias workshops tailored to the organisation.
Individual Assessment and Development
We are engaged when the board and/or executives want to benchmark themselves externally and receive independent advice and coaching on the most impactful development.